Traditional Wedding Planning - Who Pays for What
Traditionally, there are certain expenses that each family or member of the wedding party are responsible for. However, use this as a guideline. If you're a bit non-traditional feel free to change as you feel is necessary.
- All of the reception costs (i.e., room rental, food, and beverages).
- Bridesmaids' bouquets and flowers.
- Decorative accessories for the ceremony and reception.
- Music for the ceremony and reception.
- Groom's wedding gift and wedding band.
- Bridesmaids' gifts and their hotel accommodations.
- Photographer and photographs.
Wedding stationery - invitations, announcements & wedding programs.
- Bride's wedding gown, accessories and trousseau.
- Transportation and parking expenses for the ceremony and reception.
- Groom's ring
Wedding Ceremony - Venue, music & all décor.
Wedding attire - Bride's dress, veil, & accessories.
- Bridesmaid's attire - Bridesmaid expenses are typically the brides side responsibility.
Reception - all professional services including food, drink, decorations & music.
- Transportation - Wedding transportation of bridal party to and from ceremony and reception.
Flowers - Flower arrangements at the church, reception, bouquets & corsages for bridesmaids & flower girls
- Bride's rings and wedding gift.
- Marriage license.
- Groomsmen's gifts.
- Ties and gloves for the groom's party.
- Bride's bouquet and corsage.
- Corsages for mothers and grandmothers.
- Boutonnieres for the groom's party.
Ceremony license & officiant fee.
- Rehearsal dinner.
Pre-wedding celebrations~ Bachelorette's dinner, rehearsal dinner (Either family or the couple can host & cover the expense for the engagement party.)
- Groomsmen attire ~tux expenses are typically the grooms side responsibility (some families feel it is okay for attendants to pay for their own attire.)
Bridesmaids & Maid of Honor
- Purchase of bridesmaids' dresses and all accessories
- Wedding gift for couple
- Hotel accommodations and travel expenses if necessary
- Shower and/or luncheon for the bride
Best Man & Ushers
- Rental of wedding attire
- Transportation to and from location of the wedding
- Gift for the couple
- Bachelor party/dinner for the groom
- Hotel accommodations when necessary
Ring Bearer & Flower Girl
- Childrens' parents are responsible for the cost of all wedding attire
- Parents are responsible for any travel expenses (including hotels if necessary)