Idaho Marriage Laws & License

Planning the details of your wedding can be a lot of fun - but don't forget about the legal aspect! Allow you and your soon-to-be time to get a marriage license. This information is correct at time of publishing but please call the Recorder's Office to conrirm their requirements.


  • Idaho marriage licenses must be obtained in person, with both parties appearing together.
  • Marriage licenses are obtained at the Ada County Recorder's Office - First floor, Room 1207.
  • The Courthouse building is located at 200 West Front Street, Boise, ID 83702. (208) 287.6840. Office hours Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
  • No appointments are necessary
  • Blood test are not required in Idaho, however each party is required to read an AIDS information sheet and sign an acknowledgement Marriage License Affidavit
  • Idaho Marriage Licenses have no waiting period or expiration date


  • Idaho Marriage License is $30, price includes $2 fee for mailing of a certified copy necessary for name changes
  • Cash only in the courthouse, but there is an ATM located inside.
  • Don't forget also to bring along cash for parking if you choose to use the adjacent parking lot.

What You'll Need:

  • Must provide proof of identity and age.
  • Applicants 16-17 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
  • Applicants under 16 need a court order.

Additional Information:

For additional information, call the Ada County Recorder's Office at 208-287-6840 or visit them online:

County Recorder's Offices outside of Ada County:

  • Blaine County (208) 788-5505
  • Boise County (208) 392-4431
  • Camas County (208) 764-2242
  • Canyon County (208) 454-7552
  • Gem County (208) 365-4561
  • Kootenai County (208) 769-4427
  • Nez Perce County (208) 799-3020
  • Owyhee County (208) 495-2421
  • Twin Falls County (208) 736-4004
  • Valley County (208) 382-4297

Site Sponsors