Idaho Marriage Laws & License
Planning the details of your wedding can be a lot of fun - but don't forget about the legal aspect! Allow you and your soon-to-be time to get a marriage license. This information is correct at time of publishing but please call the Recorder's Office to conrirm their requirements.
- Idaho marriage licenses must be obtained in person, with both parties appearing together.
- Marriage licenses are obtained at the Ada County Recorder's Office - First floor, Room 1207.
- The Courthouse building is located at 200 West Front Street, Boise, ID 83702. (208) 287.6840. Office hours Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- No appointments are necessary
- Blood test are not required in Idaho, however each party is required to read an AIDS information sheet and sign an acknowledgement Marriage License Affidavit
- Idaho Marriage Licenses have no waiting period or expiration date
- Idaho Marriage License is $30, price includes $2 fee for mailing of a certified copy necessary for name changes
- Cash only in the courthouse, but there is an ATM located inside.
- Don't forget also to bring along cash for parking if you choose to use the adjacent parking lot.
What You'll Need:
- Must provide proof of identity and age.
- Applicants 16-17 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Applicants under 16 need a court order.
For additional information, call the Ada County Recorder's Office at
208-287-6840 or visit them online:
County Recorder's Offices outside of Ada County:
Nez Perce County
Twin Falls County